- Green REsource Council Info
- Earning NAR's Green Designation
- Green Course Information
- For Members
- Green Resources
To get started, go to Training4RE.com and find live courses near you. You can search for courses by location, program, or course name. Courses are available around the country and are taught by our pool of certified instructors.
1. Complete the following courses and pass each exam with a score of 80 percent or higher;
a. Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future – Awareness and Comprehension
b. Green 200: The Science of Green Building – Research and Insight
c. Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business – Application Skills
2. Submit the member application for NAR’s Green Designation with proof of completion for all course requirements and proof of your REALTOR® membership.
3. Maintain active and good membership status with the Green REsource Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Your Green REsource Council membership begins upon completion of any two (2) of the three required courses, providing you with editions of The REsource – our monthly eNewsletter. If you are an active member in NAR or an International member, your first year of membership is free. Your second year (starting one year after your membership starts) will reflect a pro-rated amount. Your third year and thereafter will require an annual renewal of $99 and an active membership with NAR to maintain and use the designation.
NAR's Green Designation counts as credit towards earning the following designations and certifications:Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) designationCertified Residential Specialist (CRS) designationResort and Second Home Property Specialist (RSPS) certification
To learn more about courses credit options in other programs, see our frequently asked questions.