Students must complete all designation courses (18 hours total) to satisfy the educational requirements for NAR's Green Designation. Subject matter experts in both the real estate and environmental industries established a curriculum filled with the most current issues and innovative research in green real estate to give designees a competitive edge in the market.
We understand people have different motivations for going green. Some want to save the environment, while others want to save money or reduce wasteful consumption. Our program will provide you with the education and training to support your clients' green endeavors no matter their objective.
Each course offered by the Green REsource Council went through an extensive review process to ensure it speaks to the needs of real estate agents in today's market. To start earning credit towards NAR's Green Designation, sign up for the following courses:
Live Lecture / Classroom:
To get started, go to Training4RE.com and find live courses near you. You can search for courses by location, program, or course name. Courses are available around the country or online and are taught by our pool of certified instructors.
NAR's Green Designation is also available online through REALTOR® University. Visit LearningLibrary.com/REALTORUniversity to purchase the courses online.
To obtain and use NAR’s Green Designation, three (3) requirements must be fulfilled:
- Complete the following courses and pass each exam with a score of 80 percent or higher;
- Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future – Awareness and Comprehension
- Green 200: The Science of Green Building – Research and Insight
- Green 300: Greening Your Real Estate Business – Application Skills
- Submit the member application for NAR’s Green Designation with proof of completion for all course requirements and proof of your REALTOR® membership.
- Maintain active and good membership status with the Green REsource Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
Your Green REsource Council membership begins upon completion of any two (2) of the three required courses, providing you with editions of The REsource – our monthly eNewsletter. If you are an active member in NAR or an International member, your first year of membership is free. Your second year (starting one year after your membership starts) will reflect a pro-rated amount. Your third year and thereafter will require an annual renewal of $98.50 and an active membership with NAR to maintain and use the designation.
NAR's Green Designation counts as credit towards earning the following designations and certifications:
- Accredited Buyer's Representative (ABR®) designation
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation